Your Privacy Is Important To Us
There are new laws in Ontario which are designed to protect your privacy. We want you to know about them and want you to know how we will protect your privacy.
We collect personal health information from you or from your authorized representatives. This information may include your name, address, date of birth, health history and medical records.
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat you and advise you
- Discuss your care with other health care providers
- Plan and administer our internal operations
- Conduct risk management activities
- Conduct quality improvement activities
- Compile statistics
- Comply with legal requirements
- Conduct research or file reviews
You have the right to:
- access your personal health records
- correct your personal health records
- withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal health information subject to legal exceptions
- make a complaint to the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner if you think that your privacy rights have not been respected.*
We will take steps to protect the privacy of your personal health information by:
- protecting it from unauthorized access, copying, theft or loss
- conducting audits to monitor our privacy procedures and their effectiveness
- making sure that our staff understands and respects your privacy rights
If you have concerns about our privacy procedures or want more information, please contact us.
We will try to address your concerns responsibly.
*The address and other particulars of the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner are:
2 Bloor St. East